SenseCAP M2 Licenses Agreement
Seeed Technology Co., Ltd. (also referred to as “we” and “us”) hereby reminds you that before using the hardware and related software products of the SenseCAP M2 series, you must read and comply with the “SenseCAP M2 Licenses Agreement” (also referred to as “this Agreement”). Please be sure to carefully read and fully understand the content of each term. Unless you have read and accepted all the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use the hardware and related software products of SenseCAP M2. If you enter the program and select “Read and Agree,” it will be deemed to accept this Agreement and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
1. Agreement Scope
1.1 This Agreement is a contract between users (also referred to as “You”) and us regarding the use of the hardware and related software services of SenseCAP M2.
1.2 You explicitly declare and warrant that: you have sufficient legal rights or authorization to sign and perform the terms of the SenseCAP M2 Licenses Agreement; your signature and performance of the SenseCAP M2 Licenses Agreement will not conflict with and result in a breach of any other agreements or arrangements to which you are obligated.
2. Service Content
2.1 The related software products for SenseCAP M2 include but are not limited to:
(1) SenseCAP Dashboard: Manage SenseCAP M2 light hotspots, purchase, and use licenses, manage your orders, etc.;
(2) SenseCAP Hotspot App: Deploy and manage SenseCAP M2 light hotspots, provide comprehensive device data, monitor device status, etc.;
(3) Other SenseCAP M2 related software developed with our authorization.
2.2 License, SenseCAP M2 light hotspot needs to use a license to enable device software for normal operation.
(1) License purchase: You can purchase a license through SenseCAP Dashboard. When purchasing a license, you agree not to use any false, inaccurate, or misleading information.
(2) License use: You can use the license to activate the software for SenseCAP M2 light hotspot through SenseCAP Dashboard, thereby enabling the device to work normally.
(3) License restriction: The license you purchase is limited to the account holder, and you may not transfer the license to other users or entities. To protect your information, please keep your license details confidential. Otherwise, we will disable unauthorized transfer of licenses.
2.3 Hardware remote maintenance and upgrade.
2.4 Priority after-sales and technical support for hardware and software.
3. Code of Conduct for Users
3.1 The ownership of SenseCAP M2 license belongs solely to us. Without our permission, you are not allowed to donate, borrow, rent, transfer, or sell SenseCAP M2 license, or allow others to use SenseCAP M2 license in any other way.
3.2 You may use SenseCAP M2 related services within the scope agreed in this agreement. You may not use SenseCAP M2 hardware, related software, etc. to engage in the following activities:
(1) Copy, modify, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, reverse compile, etc. to analyze or copy the source code, structure, concept, etc. of SenseCAP M2 hardware and related software products;
(2) Use false identities or deceive others;
(3) Use our services to publish, transmit, disseminate, and store content that endangers national security, national unity, or social stability, or contains insults, slanders, pornography, violence, causing others to feel uneasy, or any content that violates national laws, regulations, and policies or set up net names, role names that contain the above-mentioned content, publish, transmit, and disseminate advertisements, marketing information, and spam containing the above-mentioned content, etc.;
(4) Engage in any behavior that endangers the security of computer networks, including but not limited to: using unauthorized data or accessing unauthorized servers/accounts; entering public computer networks or other people’s computer systems without permission and deleting, modifying, adding, storing information; attempting to probe, scan, test the vulnerabilities of SenseCAP M2 services or networks, or other behaviors that undermine network security; attempting to interfere with or disrupt the normal operation of the system or network, intentionally disseminating malicious programs or viruses, and other behaviors that interfere with normal network information services;
(5) Engage in other activities prohibited by laws, regulations, policies, public order, and good morals, as well as activities that infringe on the legitimate rights and interests of other individuals, companies, social groups, and organizations.
3.3 You fully understand and agree that you are responsible for all actions under the SenseCAP M2 license you purchased, including any content you post and any consequences arising from it. At the same time, you should understand and agree that we cannot control your use of the service, but we have the right to refuse to provide services for illegal or infringing use behavior. Therefore, if we find or receive complaints or reports that your use of the service does not comply with laws and regulations or violates this agreement, we have the right to independently determine your behavior and applicable rules and take corresponding measures, including warnings, refusing to publish, deleting information, limiting functions, suspending updates, suspending services, terminating services until closing accounts, reporting to relevant regulatory agencies or state agencies, requiring you to compensate for losses, etc., and keep relevant records; if your above behavior causes any third party to make claims, you shall be solely responsible for it. In addition, you should be aware and understand that our system records may also serve as evidence of your violation of the law or this agreement, in addition to the information provided by complainants or reporters.
4.1 You explicitly acknowledge and agree to purchase our services on a regular basis (quarterly, annually, or otherwise).
4.2 We reserve the right to charge fees for the services or change the prices of the services. If required by applicable laws and regulations, we will notify you in advance at a reasonable time before the new fees take effect. After the new fees become effective, you will need to accept the new pricing changes in order to continue using the service. If you do not agree to the changes in fees, you have the right to terminate the service before the fees are changed.
4.3 Unless otherwise agreed, all of the above fees do not include any taxes and you should pay any taxes as required by law.
4.4 After purchasing the service, we will not refund any fees that have already been paid.
5. User Information Protection
We implement measures to protect your personal information throughout the entire process of product or service initiation, development, and operation.
In order to continuously optimize the user experience and provide users with more personalized and intelligent content and services, we collect your personal information.
6. Intellectual Property
6.1 The intellectual property rights of the content we provide in this service (including but not limited to web pages, text, images, audio, video, graphics, etc.) belong to us unless otherwise stated.
6.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright, patent rights, and other intellectual property rights of the software relied upon by us to provide this service belong to us.
6.3 The intellectual property rights of any content included in this service are protected by law. No one may use or create derivative works in any form without our written permission or the permission of the relevant rights holder.
7. Products or Services Provided by Third Parties
Some content, components, or functions of the services may come from materials and links provided by third parties. You understand and accept that we are not responsible for any direct or indirect damages that may result or may be caused by the services that involve or rely on third-party information. You may independently apply for damages compensation from third parties.
8. Termination of the Agreement
8.1 In the event of any of the following situations, we have the right to interrupt or terminate the services provided to you without notice:
(1) You violate relevant laws and regulations or the provisions of this agreement;
(2) In accordance with legal requirements or requirements of regulatory authorities;
(3) For security reasons or other necessary circumstances.
8.2 We have the right to charge fees in accordance with the provisions of Article 4 of this agreement. If you do not pay the fees in full and on time, we have the right to interrupt, suspend or terminate the services.
8.3 After your service is terminated, we may permanently delete your data from the server, except as otherwise provided by laws and regulations. After the service is terminated, we have no obligation to return the data to you.
8.4 After your service is terminated, you will not be exempt from the obligation to pay any fees that should still be paid before (including) the termination date, and we and any third party shall not be liable for any consequences resulting from your inability to obtain this service after the service is terminated.
9. Responsibilities and Liability Limitations
9.1 We do not provide any express or implied representations or warranties, including but not limited to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of any rights. We specifically do not make any warranties in the following circumstances:
(1) that the service will meet your specific requirements;
(2) that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
(3) that any information obtained by you through the service will be accurate or reliable; or
(4) that any defects or errors in any software that is part of the service will be corrected.
9.2 Force Majeure: In the event of force majeure during the term of this agreement, either party may temporarily suspend the performance of its obligations under this agreement until the effects of the force majeure event have been eliminated, and the affected party shall not be liable for any breach of contract. The affected party should promptly notify the other party of the force majeure event and make its best efforts to overcome the event and minimize the expansion of losses. Force majeure refers to events that are beyond the control of both parties, cannot be foreseen, or even if foreseen cannot be avoided, and that would hinder, affect or delay either party’s performance of its obligations under this agreement. Such events include, but are not limited to, natural disasters, war, changes in laws and regulations, government orders, computer viruses, hacker attacks, or interruptions in basic telecommunications services.
10. Agreement Updates
We may update or modify the terms of this agreement from time to time. For any adjustments or updates, we will announce or notify you through the website announcement, internal message, email, or other means. If you do not accept the relevant adjustments or updates, you should immediately stop using the relevant agreement and inform us in writing, and we will handle the termination of the relevant matters in accordance with the Licenses Agreement before the update.
11. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
(1) This agreement is signed in Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, the People’s Republic of China.
(2) The establishment, effectiveness, performance, interpretation, and dispute resolution of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of mainland China.
(3) If any disputes or disagreements arise between you and us under this agreement, you should first try to resolve them amicably through friendly consultation. If the consultation fails, you agree to submit the disputes or disagreements to the people’s court with jurisdiction in the place of signing of this agreement.